Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

mass propertie on drawing

Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
Hi,

Is there in June 2020 a simple way to display the mass of a part and/or assembly in a drawing so that it remains a live link to the part studio or assembly?
I' ve read topic from 2017-18-19 there is not. But maybe I mist a update?
Through the 
sheet reference dropdown menu I can sellect "mass", but nothing appears.
Material is assigned and acknowledged in part studio

Best Answer

Answers

• Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
    edited June 2020
    Thanks. I think I can manage this.

I think it is a big misser that this cannot yet be easily applied. It seems to me that 'weight' is a widely used source of information shown in the drawing
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Agreed
  • Hans_Leirvik_1Hans_Leirvik_1 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I have used Onshape some years now, and I am really surprized that the Onshape team has not implemented this yet.
    We have weight on all our drawings, and it is a daily struggle to manually check the weight of a part or assembly and then manually put it into a weight property we added for this purpose.
  • M_BrehmM_Brehm Member Posts: 7 PRO
    How soon is soon? ;)@NeilCooke
    I just watched the latest "What´s New in Onshape" Webinar and missed the "mass propertie on drawing" - function...

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    M_Brehm said:
    I just watched the latest "What´s New in Onshape" Webinar and missed the "mass propertie on drawing" - function...

Not as soon as you or I would like, but as soon as it's passed our rigorous QA process.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Noah_StoopNoah_Stoop Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Hi,

I was wondering if it is allready possible to get a featurescript for mass properties in Assembly's? Mass properties on parts are working perfect for me. But to get a weight on a assembly drawing is still not possible for me.

Does someone know if this function allready excist or that it wil maybe come in the future?

Thanks!
  • Standard_BitsStandard_Bits Member Posts: 3 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    M_Brehm said:

Not as soon as you or I would like, but as soon as it's passed our rigorous QA process.
    Any update on this ? is nearly 10 month Rigorous enough?
  • Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    M_Brehm said:

Any update on this ? is nearly 10 month Rigorous enough?

It is already implemented.... I guess 5-6 months ago