Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

FEATURE SCRIPT

myo_hlaing_winmyo_hlaing_win Member Posts: 9
how to write feature script (macro) for the construction of a fist washer (harmonic, tangential, Kurtz, Polydine)?

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Hi, can you show images of what you're trying to achieve? 
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • nicholas_radzykewycznicholas_radzykewycz Member Posts: 30 PRO
    If you would like help writing a featurescript I might be able to help however I don't know what it is you are asking for? Do you mean a washer like for a bolt with an inner and outer diameter or a washer like a pressure washer?
  • myo_hlaing_winmyo_hlaing_win Member Posts: 9
    Hello ,

as a figure!

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    @myo_hlaing_win
    This does look like a good candidate for featurescript, but I may not be the best one to help. I think it will mostly consist of creating a UI with inputs for all of the variables in these diagrams, and then plotting points using the dimensions above, then creating a sketch of the profile and extruding it with opExtrude(). Once you've got that working on the world origin, then I'd modify it to work on any plane you want.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • nicholas_radzykewycznicholas_radzykewycz Member Posts: 30 PRO
    @Evan_Reese I am available to help with the featurescript and I have sent @myo_hlaing_win a message about it already. I haven't gotten a reply yet.
    If you have already ready, please sent me. i am waiting for you. And i am studying in on-shape feature script.
    Thanks You Very Much.