Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do you undo an appearance change to revert to the default?

I normally control appearance using FeatureScript. If I manually play with the color of a part, then the FeatureScript code that sets the appearance is overridden. How can I revert to the default color scheme so that the FeatureScript appearance changes are applied again?

Best Answer

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If it's added to a face, not the part, then you need to open the appearances panel and delete the face appearances. Does that do what you need?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    I think what you are looking for is the "reset all" (or something like this) at the bottom of the properties. However it's all or nothing so it will reset all of the properties...
  • monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 94 EDU
    The reset button is grayed out even after I add an appearance to a face. 
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If it's added to a face, not the part, then you need to open the appearances panel and delete the face appearances. Does that do what you need?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 94 EDU
    Okay! That is sweet. Thank you!
  • Joel_VermeulenJoel_Vermeulen Member Posts: 3 PRO
    edited February 2
    I still have problems to remove specific face appearances, as when I remove all the selected faces, the green accept tick mark turns gray and i cannot select 0 faces, to remove the change completely. clicking the red X just returns to the previous state.

Also:
    Is there an appearance panel other then the one reachable through right click?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @Joel_Vermeulen there’s an appearance panel on the right. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI