Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to remove someone else's document from My Onshape list

paul_braunpaul_braun Member Posts: 4 EDU
I'm not sure how this document got there, but I can't edit or manage it in any way.  The owner is one of our students on our robotics team.  We are both on free Education plans.

The document is not shared with me... it is listed along with all the other files I've created, except this one is not mine.

I still have access to the student - but I don't know what to tell him to fix this issue.

Suggestions on how to remove this from my account?

Thanks,
Paul

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    edited May 2022
    If you use the “created by me” or “shared with me” filters does it show up? If you right click is there a “remove me” option? Are you both part of the same team and is it shared with the team?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • paul_braunpaul_braun Member Posts: 4 EDU
    NeilCooke said:
    If you use the “created by me” or “shared with me” filters does it show up?
    No for either
    If you right click is there a “remove me” option?
    No.  Only Open, Open new tab, Details, Versions, Labels
    Are you both part of the same team and is it shared with the team?
    Yes, we are both on the same team. When I click on the team name in the left panel, the pesky document is displayed in the center panel .
    However, under the Share Details panel on the right, it says "Not Shared"
    All the other team documents indicate they are shared with the team in the Share Details panel.

It does not behave like any other document I see in my account.

Thanks for your help.
  • nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
    Its probably because it was recently opened. Go to "Recently opened" on the left side of the home page. Right click on the document, and click "remove from recently opened". Then it will be gone from "My onshape".
    Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, that does remove it from recently opened. 

However, the document still remains in my onshape, and can't be moved or trashed.
    edited May 2022
    New info:  This problem document was modified by @lougallo over a year ago.  I just thought Lou was a student or parent's name I wasn't familiar with, but I just noticed Lou works for OnShape.

Maybe he can shed some light?

• Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    @paul_braun It sounds like the document has been shared as view only with a team that you are a part of.

If this is the case, to get rid of the document from your account you have a couple options.
    1. You can leave the team. This is done from you "My Account" > "Teams" page.  
    2. You can have the student unshare the document from the team.
    3. You can have the student delete the document.