Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

@Evan_Reese Freeform Spline

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
Hi @Evan_Reese

I use your freeform spline FS. Is it possible to use the Polyline Style but round the corners? 

Maybe you can make a checkbox to select "rounded corner" and a variable to type in your custom radius.

(The Interpolate style is a bit to curvy sometimes)

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    @Axel_Kollmenter
    Good idea. It's actually already on my backlog and I've started trying things out to do this, but I've not gotten around to finishing it yet. 
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited May 2022
    @Axel_Kollmenter
    Good idea. It's actually already on my backlog and I've started trying things out to do this, but I've not gotten around to finishing it yet. 
    Great, would be very kind of you if you bring that in. Thanks in advance :D
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    in the meantime, consider trying the 3D Lines feature from @ilya_baran and @kevin_o_toole_1. This is the feature I intend to steal the corner rounding code from for mine :D
    in the meantime, consider trying the 3D Lines feature from @ilya_baran and @kevin_o_toole_1. This is the feature I intend to steal the corner rounding code from for mine :D
    haha perfect! I´ll check it out ^^
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    edited July 2022
    Hi @Evan_Reese are the any updates to this? Friendly reminder :smiley:
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    Hi @Evan_Reese are the any updates to this? Friendly reminder :smiley:
    It's still on my list, but I've sat down to try a few times and it's not as straightforward as I'd hoped (to me), so it's going to take bigger chunks of time to wrap my head around. I do my FS on nights and weekends for fun when I can make time around many other responsibilities and interests so I can't promise if/when I'll get to it. I'm glad you're liking the feature enough to ask again though! Does a workaround like this help at all in the meantime? https://cad.onshape.com/documents/20a8fc330c2257897eabe0ff/w/533ff65776530f6272dc5965/e/bda5fec883c822fd710c9fab

edited July 2022
    All good. No stress!
    In fact, your feature has become an integral part of our wiring process. Thanks again for that!
    The workaround works well, but it is too much work for all employees. The error rate is significantly increased. A simple check box would be the ideal solution.
    But as I said: It would be great if it would work soon. Otherwise it works very very well without radii. They are only optical embellishments. They have no important influence on the work process Thanks!!  :)

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter