Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I flip (left to right) all features (sketches, planes, constraints, dim's) in a Parts Studio?

john_lopez363john_lopez363 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
I have a project where I need a left side Parts Studio and a right side Parts Studio. The resulting parts will be built from wood (3D CNC Router) and need to be run as two separate parts.

I have the one side completely modeled (76 Features in total, not including the default geometry I have 21 different planes with their distinct sketches and constraints)

Is it possible to create a flipped copy of ALL FEATURES (left to right)? 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    There is no need to replicate the features, just use Mirror / Part to create a handed part.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    I have a project where I need a left side Parts Studio and a right side Parts Studio. The resulting parts will be built from wood (3D CNC Router) and need to be run as two separate parts.

I have the one side completely modeled (76 Features in total, not including the default geometry I have 21 different planes with their distinct sketches and constraints)

Is it possible to create a flipped copy of ALL FEATURES (left to right)? 
    I like the idea of this I agree with Neil in that the mirror tool could work. but sometimes if you have a relatively simplistic part/don't want to flip all your features then a mirror flip would be useful. Off the top of my head I think one simple way to do this would be to have a "keep tool" checkbox as you have in the Boolean tool. When unchecked it will just flip all faces of your part instead of giving you an entirely new part that way all your assembly mates will still work. The same thing would go for feature and face mirror.