Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to customize part names within an exported zip file?

skybrianskybrian Member Posts: 25
When I export a zip file for a document with "export unique parts as individual files" checked, typically the filename is "${document.name}.zip" and the files within it are "${document.name} - ${part_name}.stl". I'm wondering if there's some way to get rid of the document name portion of the filenames within the zip file?

I tried making an export rule with "Part" scope in preferences, but it had no apparent effect on filenames within the zip file. I'm not sure if I understand how these scopes work.

(I also noticed what seems to be a bug: the timestamps for filenames within a zip file are seven hours in future, perhaps due to a timezone difference.)
Tagged:

Answers

• Hans_Ole_LeirvikHans_Ole_Leirvik Member Posts: 79 PRO
    edited June 2022
    Have you tried to set up an export rule in the settings ? 
    You can select any PropertyName..

• skybrianskybrian Member Posts: 25
    I did, but as I said, it had no apparent affect.  But maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Did it work for you?
  • HologosHologos Member Posts: 3
    @skybrian Have you managed to solved this? I am facing the same behaviour as you did.