Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Loft

Can I remove extrude a hole into a lofted surface?

I am done a basic loft operation to join 2 rectangular sketches. Haven't been exposed to the lofting feature for very long. 

Here is the link to the file: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b728c1f8845c5bb7dda901b1/w/438dac0115cbdb48f0e7ee87/e/3c694979e04e21914ad9535a.

PS: It would be great to search for a topic and have the video list what elements are covered. I have been through the Fundamental's and the presenter goes so fast clicking here-n-there that I get lost, frustrated and more confused.

Colin King

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Your answer is in the tooltip - add the hole as a separate feature afterward.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • colin_king506colin_king506 Member Posts: 19
    Neil,

As in another sketch? "Used" the points of the circles and the circles. I removed what I thought were just the circles, it removed the entire sketch leaving the circles as solids. I found a reference to this in the Forum, but it was from about 3 or 4 years ago. Did not really understand the process so I probably was doing something incorrectly.

Colin