Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - October 10th, 2022

Comments

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome update!!!

En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español:
    https://youtu.be/BxRRAIwZ_4E
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    @emagdalenaC2i I don't know whats more amazing, the update, or YOUR version that you turn around so amazingly fast. Great work! 

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Aaron_Magnin
    I was able to have the video before but this afternoon my children wanted to go to the beach to skate ;-)

And... There are also other small improvement:
    FeatureScript debug with Orange color --> I love this one (it fits with my company branding)

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Is there any way to add singular parts to a publication? I have projects that have parts from another project with completely un related part studios and would like to drop parts in for viewing less the related studio. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @brucebartlett Could you use a derived part in a studio or instance in an assembly and use the tab containing for the publication?

Never mind. I just logged into a professional account that I do my day work in and was able to add a part studio from another document. Sweet! Guess that's why the publication is it's own document.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    y'all! what a massive update! The FEA looks so great, and seeing it built in so natively is wonderful, rather than it feeling like an add-on. Publications are so much more elegant than what I've been having to do. Love it love it love it.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • danny_paynedanny_payne Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 PRO
    edited October 2022
    I am so excited to work with the simulation package. This is huge and will be great to worth with. I also the other updates but the FEA is awesome. I was too excited and did not notice that simulation was for Enterprise customers. I will have to wait to try till this becomes available to Professional. I do enjoy using Onscale with Onshape in my work.
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited October 2022
    Alright I got a question to the new icon to see if an assembly is fully defined or not. If it isn´t fully defined, is there a way to show which part is still loose?
    Maybe you can click on the "undefined icon" and then the loosen part will be highlighted.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • alan_smith_16072alan_smith_16072 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Please add simulation to education.   I coach a FIRST robotics team and having simulation easily used by students would be HUGE!
  • M_HutchisonM_Hutchison Member Posts: 26 PRO
    I too coach a FIRST robotics team (FRC5900) and wish I could show the students simulation too.
  • Rhett_RobinsonRhett_Robinson Member Posts: 88 PRO
    Really glad that I can finally play around with the AR view this morning! Is it in the works to allow for rendered versions to be in the AR view? Also, is there a best practice for getting true 1:1 scale in the AR view compared to the physical surroundings rather than just zooming in and out until it looks right? I can see interesting applications with visualizing a real-life part with an improved version or variation on it and being able to compare in real time.
  • jeff_brown304jeff_brown304 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    It's a small thing but I'm very grateful for the custom tip angle for the hole tool.  This will save me a little time manually deleting hole faces to make flat holes for 3D printed models.  The simulation features look awesome too!
  • Ivan_DeetlefsIvan_Deetlefs Member Posts: 23 PRO

PUBLICATIONS is a great new addition but bulk export would be very helpful.

• ian_d_gardinerian_d_gardiner Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 PRO
    Publications is a huge improvement. Thanks for getting this out. Great update!
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    @MichaelPascoe
    Great video! The hand freaked me out   :D

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    Trying to get the opposite direction angle. It shows for a brief moment, but then disappears. Anyone know how to do this without using centerlines?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    One question on Publications, it is possible to have the publication always be the latest release? In other words, if I release a new drawing revision, the publication would automatically show that latest release.
  • FieldsFields Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Any chance of this coming to education accounts? Currently I use Onshape to teach CAD for our HS robotics team, but have to export to F360 whenever we go through simulations. Mostly a bust for the students trying to learn two different CAD programs this early.
    I don't trust a CAD system until I've broken it... repeatedly.
  • stephen_cuddihystephen_cuddihy Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Will on shape simulation include analysis of the fasteners within an assembly and how should these be mated
  • mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    There will be a webinar going into some detail on Onshape Simulation that I would recommend attending if you have questions.  Greg Brown, Head of Product here at Onshape will be leading this.  Greg has decades of Simulation experience.  There are two sessions:

Americas Session on Oct. 26 at 1pm ET – Register Today!

Europe Session on Oct. 27 at 3:30pm CEST – Register Today!

Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
    edited October 2022
    @stephen_cuddihy since fasteners are typically mated with the "fasten" condition they will be ready for the simulation as long as the material properties are set.  But bolted connections are a whole area that can get deep quickly.  Loads will transfer through fasteners but we are not simulating thread engagement with the pre-stress condition at this time. 
    Regards,
    @Lucas_Kuhns Publications currently point to the version or revision you choose with the ability to see if a newer version is available with the blue notice icon, but will not automatically present the latest version or revision.  Good question!
    Regards,