Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't get pin to follow slot correctly at all

Hey everyone,
I've been working on a project where an inside chamber with a pin follows a slot on an outside chamber such that when you twist the inside chamber, it follows the path on the outside chamber and achieves linear motion. However, I haven't been able to get this to animate properly at all. I've tried all sorts of mates - pin slot mates, tangent mates, cylindrical mates - and I've tried surfaces and edges. I can't seem to figure this out. Could someone assist me?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/76e13495e80ad3cb6c562716/w/0a4277775054c18484a0aeed/e/b6e0d42f1c057348de2fa339?renderMode=0&uiState=6388e0fef036a21b7214d8e2

Answers