Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Slow graphic on Safari 8.0.7 even if WebGL is activated

Graphics too slow to be useable. Running Safari 8.0.7 on Yosemite with a ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 Mo graphic card.

Anybody got a fix for that?

Thanks,

JP
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jean_pierre_bouchard sorry to hear the performance is slow. Webgl is required or you would have no performance at all. However we have seen slow performance on older Macs running Yosimite and Safari. Is your performance any better on Chrome or Firefox?  Let us know. If not use the ? Menu and send in Feedback and we can look closer. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    jean_pierre_bouchardjean_pierre_bouchard Member Posts: 2
    Tried Chrome and now its ok. I will use it for now. I will send the feedback using the ? from Safari if that can help you.

Thanks
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @lougallo
    What browsers does Onshape officially support? Are you going to nail them all? 

I wouldn't complain if you just chose couple of them (currently preferable firefox and chrome) and concentrate on cad improvements.
    //rami