Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Selection tool for rounds

nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 670 PRO
What "create selection" do I pick to get rounds on the inner rectangle only, as shown? I'm been messing around with this for a while, and am still picking one edge at a time. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,381 PRO
    If you want to really be able to control which edges get filleted (or chamfered) in a parametric way, you want @Evan_Reese's Selection Fillet. If I'm doing anything more complex than a few dumb picks, I use it.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,519 PRO
    In this case there is no "selection filter" that will do this for you.

The quickest way is to just do a cross selection from the front:

Box selecting around each corner from a top view would also work (to avoid having to be "precise" with your selection and rotate the view for each edge).

I agree with @S1mon, the "selection fillet" is the best option when you have a large number of edges although it does take a number of clicks and some practice to setup so only really worth it when there are quite a few edges to pick.

• Options
    S1mon said:
    If you want to really be able to control which edges get filleted (or chamfered) in a parametric way, you want @Evan_Reese's Selection Fillet. If I'm doing anything more complex than a few dumb picks, I use it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I added this FS, and tried for a good 15 min and could not figure it out. All good, I'll keep doing it one by one. I find turning on translucent makes picking the edges much easier. ProE had an "intent edge" that worked great for picks like this. (Although I like OS way more overall!)
  • Options
    Watch this demo video https://youtu.be/cP1gIhsKUU8
  • Options
    Thank you, that helped teach it to me. I can see the value now in this tool, especially the add and subtract.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Glad the video helped. Thank @Evan_Reese

I assume that is just a test part. If you were making that for real, I might add the rounds and chamfers first, and then pattern. A face pattern would work and be the best performance.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Yes, just practicing the feature. Thanks @Evan_Reese