Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to copy a version through the API?

ethan_keller924ethan_keller924 Member, csevp Posts: 40 EDU
I'd like to copy a version of my document into a new document for testing purposes. This functionality is available through the UI - just navigate to the desired version, go to the document menu and click "copy version." However, I don't see any way to do this through the API. The only endpoints that might make this work (that I see) are copy workspace and create workspace. I could create a workspace from a version, copy the workspace into a new document, then delete the workspace I created from the version in the original document. The issue with this is that the user needs write access to the document to make a copy of the version... Any other thoughts for how to accomplish the "copy version" functionality?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    ^ Also note that read-only workspaces do not appear in the document's history. The owner of the document will not be able to see any difference after your operation occurs.