Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Part tangent to another part in an assembly - not using Mate Connectors.

don_williams909don_williams909 Member Posts: 139 PRO
I'm working on a design where one part is always going to be tangent to the other part, but I can't simulate this in the assembly, because there's no way for a Mate Connector to allow one part to be tangent to another part at all times.  Other CAD software packages can do this, but this is a limitation of the Mate Connectors where there should be a work-around of some sort.  Can't there simply be a "Make part X tangent to Part Y" kind of command?  In my case, it's the ball nose of a spring plunger that is on a slider mate with its case, but it will also be always tangent to another part.
Tagged:

Comments