Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sectioning only some parts to reveal internal parts

nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
I've not been able to figure out how to section just some parts in an assembly or part studio for illustration purposes. I need make a presentation about a design and I would like to section the outer tubular parts to reveal the internal parts which I don't want to section as it would be much clearer if they are show in tact.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @nyholku

We do not have selective sectioning like this yet.  For now, you could create a branch on your document, and then "Split" the outer parts with a plane and delete the half that you don't want.
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/splitpart.htm
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Ok, thanks, yes, that is not a bad work around but I don't get the cross hatch on the split surfaces then.