Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing a model, doesn't allow me to insert it in a parts studio. . .

david_no_thanksdavid_no_thanks Member Posts: 2
Greetings,
       I've created a fishing lure in onshape. Given there are many variations of the lure's parts, I'm trying to make a template for when I put the wire - for hooks etc - in them to make it easier process. I'm trying to import and STL file (which is was also downloaded from another document) into this parts studio so I can finish the template. However, I cannot seem to find a way to do it. I've Googled the issue, read the wiki, and it's not as simple as others have suggested. Such as I don't have an insert button, nor do I have the option to "insert into this document" as in the wiki. This has to be possible right?

Please, if the issue is straight forward, would you care to explain the process of importing to the current document in greater detail. Again, I have not had success with my search results.

Tagged:

Comments