Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Solidworks is targeting FRC Teams with xDesign

derek_wardderek_ward Member Posts: 63 EDU
edited November 2018 in General
Not sure if the Onshape people are aware, but Solidworks is now targeting FRC teams with their xDesign web-based CAD "solution".  I decided to join the beta program just to test it out and from my, granted limited, experience they are way behind with fluid user experience when compared with Onshape, however, I can see them catching up soon.  I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with xDesign and what your thoughts are.  As a FRC team which still uses Solidworks for the design of their robots(I want to convert over to Onshape so badly) I am really torn.  

Comments

• derek_wardderek_ward Member Posts: 63 EDU
    @tim_hess427,  that has been my experience with xDesign so far.  It has been tedious to use and I keep experiencing disconnects which boots me out.  I don't think that I'm going to bother with it much longer.  Onshape is much more polished.