Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to this?

dan_2dan_2 Member Posts: 2
I am trying to design a rotisserie for an oven and like a Ferris wheel I will have trays revolve about center axis on a wheel and the trays like the seats on a Ferris wheel will remain parallel to the ground. I havnt a clue how to use mates to set it up Thanks Dan

Best Answer

Answers

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 660
    It takes a bit of set-up, but I would make the center of the rotisserie rotate about the origin with a revolute mate and then each tray rotate about the prongs/bars/etc with a revolute mate.  I would then add a gear relation of 1 : 1 between these mates so that as the center of the rotisserie rotates, the tray counter-rotates to negate the rotation of the rotisserie.  

I'll try to mock something up in a bit to 1) validate my thinking and 2) explain what it is.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • dan_2dan_2 Member Posts: 2
    jakeramsley  Thanks ,you Da Man. I was thinking in those terms. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? In a couple of weeks I turn 67 and I am so excited about OnShape because it allows me to have some income designing machines. I have a neuro-muscular disease that confines me to a wheel chair and fortunately I have a computer and the internet. My brother has metal fab shop and does aero-space stuff. I can sit at home and collaberate with him on the shop floor. Very cool !  We are going to pro version and I have seen some grumbling about price. I figure if you can,t make $100 a month doing cad you should stick with Sketch-up :>) CAD in the cloud is the way up and forward and OnShape is the ROCKET . Thanks again Dan