Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

extending linear pattern to three direction

otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
it would be great the possibility of extending the linear pattern to be able to set three directions, eg x, y and z axes....
like add the second direction but have a third one.

Tagged:

Comments

• romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    There is already this option if you're patterning a Feature, Part, or Faces. For a sketch pattern, you could have X, Y, and some other direction, but not Z (that would bust out of the sketch plane and turn it into a feature, part, or face pattern!).

If you mean a third direction on the sketch plane for a sketch pattern, create an Improvment Request and the Onshape team may work on it!
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    then somebody may want a fourth direction  :) You can always make a pattern of pattern, when some more directions requared
  • otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
    yeah i know that you can make a pattern of a pattern, is what i was going for the moment, well a third direction is not the same as a fourth, i know it sounds stupyd but let me explain why i want to say, the third dimension is interesting as you can make a pattern in 3D, like something that repeats in all the axes... with the actual feature you can stay in two planes only, for example to fill up something it would be really interesting :)