Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What CAD projects have your students enjoyed?

archanaa_sundrarajarchanaa_sundraraj Onshape Employees Posts: 4
Hey all! I'm curious-- what types of CAD projects do your students typically enjoy working on in the classroom?

Answers

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 364 EDU
    I got good feedback for a recent large project. Students worked in teams of 5 to create a "real world" machine for which I gave them 2D dimensioned drawings for most parts and just basic design information for simple parts like spacers, pins, rest buttons, etc. There were 39 parts in the package with several assembly views and a BOM so they could create the completed assembly. The parts ranged in point values from 5 to 20 based on complexity and number of features. They enjoyed working with each other and fixing each other's problems when they occurred. In a survey I was told time and again that they like that it was a "real" machine and not just random parts.