Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part Studio Configurations - Drawing are not updated

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
Is this a bug? 

There are different configurations for a part.  When a different configuration is selected, the drawing for it has to be updated.
If I update the drawing, it shows completed but it never updated.

The new configuration is NOT being shown.  What am I missing here?

Not being able to identify what part configurations in some way on a drawing is also something that is causing me a lot of problems.

I'm using a block representation of a more complex assembly in this example.

Tagged:

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,172
    From a quick glance of your video, it looks like you're just changing the configuration you're looking at in the part studio.  The drawing references a specific configuration and that is not being changed.  To change the configuration referenced by the drawing, right click on a view and choose "Change configuration..."

This way, you can look at and model different configurations in a part studio without disturbing your drawings.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    Well that's obvious NOW.   Nice catch Thank you for taking the time to help.

Okay so it's like editing in-context. Love it. "It will not break things" I see the logic behind it now. 

Wish I could show what the part configuration is in the drawing using call-out, it would have been obvious.  That is my remaining sticking point. Would like the drawing to identify what is being shown.