Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to set default BOM for sheet when using multiple BOMs in a drawing?

brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
I have a drawing with multiple sheets and each sheet has its own BOM (a standard Assembly BOM).

The problem is that when I add parts to a sheet the new part references the first BOM (rather than the BOM that is on the sheet).

The result is that when I add a callout, the part no. shows up as '---' due to the part not being in the first bom.

I can update the parts BOM reference to the correct BOM but this is tedious.

Is there some why of setting a sheet's 'default BOM' referencesso that as I insert new Parts they reference the correct BOM.

Or is there some other best practice that I'm missing?

Comments

• Options
    PeterMPeterM Member Posts: 22 PRO
    I have the exact same problem. Have you found a solution to this?
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @brett_sutton @PMS On the properties of the view, you can set which BOM the view is associated to.

• Options
    Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    The only way I know of to set a default BOM is to have only a single BOM for each drawing.
    If that isn't possible you can select all the views you want to change to a specific BOM all at once, you don't have to do them one at a time.
    After referencing a BOM in a view, all projected, section, and detail views created from that view will inherit it's properties, but only when those views are created after referencing the BOM in the parent view.