Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Folder in my documents?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oliver_LaxOliver_Lax Member Posts: 8
    Basically Onshape are working on being able to both share 'labels' across an organisation and being able to view the labels within created folders. I also found out about the 'tab manager' function in a document which is a great way to organise parts/assemblies/drawings within here. Definitely worth a watch.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Oliver-

Onshape is working on breaking up projects and allowing us to manage our data in their interface. I have mine broken up by customers, fun stuff & motorcycle designs.

From the big picture view, cloud data, it's accessable. Feel comfortable that yours & mine crazy data schemas can be supported like never before. As projects grow and data size increases, there are methods for handling this too.

Think of a company with 2 pdm vaults. They'll never merge. With onshape, not a problem.

• Options
    alex_baalovalex_baalov Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Perhaps a good idea in this case would be to change the colors of the folders with https://softorino.com/foldercolorizer2/change-folder-color-windows-10/