Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Measuring Imported Files

fropfrop Member Posts: 9
Say I import a STP or IGES file and I want to get some dimensions from them. (btw I'm super noob at CAD). How do I just measure two points? S + select plane + D + two points doesn't really do what I'm thinking. Do I need to recreate the features in a way with sketch and measure from that? Does anyone have a tutorial video on this? :D
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click on the two vertices and check the display at bottom right 
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Measurement is always on and based on your current selection.  Measurement is shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.  Hovering over specific measurements will show graphical representation of them.

For example, with two points:
    1. Minimum distance between the two

2. DX, DY, DZ between the two points

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Hi @frop below an image illustrating in an imported part what @andrew_troup & @jakeramsley explained in their posts above.

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    fropfrop Member Posts: 9
    thanks everyone