Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Spinning Clock" in lower right corner of a Parts Studio?

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
I had a "Spinning Clock" in the lower right hand corner of a Parts Studio that would not "go away", even through I could continue to work in the work space. There was a previous operation that Onshape had some issue with that kept displaying an "error" message at the top of the window, telling me to contact support and had a long "code" number. Do you click on that number??? That finally went away. I got rid of the clock by going out of the document, into another (no clock), and back into the first document. After loading the studio data and graphics the clock went away after a couple seconds. I can only assume Onshape righted itself! I was about to go into the history to try to "go back in time"!
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing the browser tab is a useful first response to any Onshape glitch, I find
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Spinning clock at the lower right corner shows loading symbol…I’m also faced problems like this, when my  internet speed is too slow.

• Options
    I know internet speed isn't a problem. I did a Circular Pattern of a Part (I was creating a replica of a turbine/jet fan. When I created the pattern, for some reason I couldn't recreate, Onshape seemed to Merge the first "Hub" & "Blade" parts and used both of those in the pattern! Not what I wanted! But there is no Merge Scope in Pattern, so I don't know why it did that. As I "pushed buttons" to try to reverse this.... I got the spinning clock and all the error messages. Once that all stopped, I did end up back at one hub and one blade. So maybe Onshape was "Working...".

• Options
    Actually, I never noticed that "spinning clock" before! I was so focused on what I was doing! (Almost leaving "nose-prints" on the screen). I see it is there when Onshape is "regenerating" what operation I have finished.