Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Parametric optimization

joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
Ever wonder what the best values of a given design would be if you could iterate through all possible combinations? Want to find out how to reduce total mass, or control center of gravity? basically solve for any Onshape related geometric measurement?

If this sounds useful, I might just have something you want to learn more about. There is a new product being developed. One that will tackle these problems.

Typically this is called parametric optimization, I have seen it called design space exploration, and lot of other terms.  Think about utilizing Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, High Speed Cloud Computing all to solve some of these geometric and computational problems. What is the best design given all the possible variations.

I am looking for users interested in learning more.  Feel free to send me an email

jdunne@onshape.com

Joe

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.