Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hi,

avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
I want to import a step file exported from Zemax. The file includes solids and 6000 ray lines. Onshape hardly handles it in part studio, and when inserted into assembly, only solid and surfaces come up. NO lines.

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited April 2019
    Please will you provide a link to your onshape document?
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hi,
    i need to import an optical design that includes 50 solids and 6000 ray lines, from zemax to Onshape, using step format.
    1. The resulted Onshape studio part is very heavy, and not workable, due to the lines created separately.
    2. when trying to insert it into an assembly, there is an option to include solids, surfaces, but not the lines.

I found that FREECAD app. deals with it nicely by collecting all lines into a single part.