Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to make two parts and align them together to see the accuracy of the work

carl_wangcarl_wang Member Posts: 2
Hi all,
I am a beginner to Onshape having just gone through the tutorial. My question is how to create two parts separately and late align them together to see the accuracy of my work.
Thanks. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @carl_wang if you want to create two parts completely separately click on the (+) plus sign in the lower left corner to create a new part studio. Then in order to align them (mate them) you have to insert both parts in the assembly tab. 

Onshape allows you to create multiple parts in a single tab so you know, here is a video: 
    https://www.onshape.com/videos/essentials-multipart

Also if you are not familiar with mates in assembly here are a few good videos explaining them : https://www.onshape.com/videos
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the parts in Nicolas' method can be copied from another Onshape document:

RMB on the Part Studio tab and select 'Copy to clipboard', then go to the other document, click on the + sign at bottom left,  and select "Paste"
  • Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    I think as a beginner to Onshape,maybe you should know :Onshape documents are like containers, in which they contain assembly studio and part studio tabs,you can creat different parts in the different part studios, and insert them in the assembly studio by some constraints,and then you can see the accuracy of your work.if the parts have exist in different documents, you can right click and choose "copy to clipboard" in the first document and right click "paste tab" in the second document,then both of them are in the second document.so you can insert them in the assembly studio.

• Options
    carl_wangcarl_wang Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all! That is great experience knowing such knowledgeable guys here are willing to help.