Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What does the Group symbol with an arrow mean??

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Community Support
I noticed in a "higher level" assembly that the Group symbols in the "lower assembly" had arrows on them? Searched Help and Forums and didn't find a match!

Not to mention playing with suppressing/unsuppressing the Group in the "lower level" assembly and moving individual Parts around in the "higher level" assembly instances. When I suppress the Group in the "lower level" assembly tab, I can go to the "higher level" assembly tab and move (using the Triad) all the individual parts around and not affect the "lower level" assembly or the other instances of that assembly. But if I go back to the "lower level" assembly tab, move a part and unsuppress it's Group, when I go back to that "higher level" assembly tab ALL the parts in that Group in ALL the instances of the assembly have "jumped" to that location! Hmmm?? Plus the "lower level" assembly seems to come into the "higher level" assembly displayed/parts located at the moment it was assembled. Not what I was expecting. Guess I am use to what you do in the "lower level" assembly drives what is displayed in ALL instances in ALL "higher level" assemblies.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I see I can independently Hide and Show the Groups in the individual instances of the "lower level" assembly  in the "higher level" assembly...
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Yes I see those in one of my assemblies now. I'll assume the same!