Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you "fill" a hollow space between two fill surfaces in complex geometry

morgin_blackmorgin_black Member Posts: 7

the back corners ive left one side as far as i could get with extrudes and the other with the fill surfaces in place, however if i intend to 3d print, the surfaces leave a void in the slicing software so i need to fill them, im stumped, ive tried deleting faces, sketches wont work as everything is curved, i cant seem to make anything loft as there are so many vertices it breaks.

any ideas?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e981affacd226221d79d082c/w/eed7440417f10fe5eeea9fb2/e/75e64e8ed7c090334d947486

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    morgin_blackmorgin_black Member Posts: 7
    no, it seemed to fail, i watched every video i could, and different examples, i may still be doing it wrong, but it still wont generate an interior, im tyrying to troubleshoot, there may be microscopic places where lines dont meet or faces overlap somewhere. the fill command works fine to cover the surfaces.