Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I print multiple drawings ??

paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
I have 6 drawings in 6 tabs. Can I print them all at once? I do not see a place to add sheet to a single drawing that is why I have six tabs. I know I must  be missing something very basic.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    You're missing something. On the sheets flyout (ctrl+s) the little button at the top right is how you add more sheets.

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Muli sheet is a way to group and print multiple drawings but I prefer to create my drawings as separate tabs to enable url linking and more granular release and versioning. It would be really nice to be able to select and print multiple drawing tabs in 1 go but unfortunately, this is not available yet.  
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    patrick_farleypatrick_farley Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I got the same issues, this is what prevent us to completely go with Onshape.
    The probleme is we have a multipart machine, and a lot of part are reuse from one machine to another (Common parts) , so we would like to keep the same part no, and not have to manually export to PDF all the common part manually when we want to send the part to a machine shop.
    We would not like to add a sheet for all the commun parts in every machine that we build
    If there would be a wait to export the whole BOM to pdf, or any other tricks

Any news on this?

Pat Farley

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Perhaps with the API. This could be done. But not with vanilla Onshape. 

I know some here that have set up on online configurator that spits out a pdf. So it should be doable to an extent. 

P. S. I'm not an api developer... Sorry