Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I bring a shape from a PDF into OnShape

andy_mankoandy_manko Member Posts: 9
I have a shape I want to copy into ONShape, it is in PDF form, I also have it in SVG (vector file).  I can't seem to figure out how to bring it into OnShape so I can create a 3d version.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I am brand new to this and trying to figure out how it all works.

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2
    If you import the PDF, it would just be a PDF - no geometry data. Best you could do there is take a screenshot of the PDF and use that in a sketch to trace over. If you import the SVG you should be able to turn that directly into a sketch. To import files you just click the + sign in the lower left of the CAD window and select Import. But if this is your first foray into CAD, you'd be better off completing some basic tutorials. You may have a particular goal, but learning the basics will help you get there much faster than stumblinging on every step. Here's a link to the Onshape tutorials.