Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Finding feature dependencies in Part Studio?

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
Is there a way to search for dependencies between features in part studios? You can hover over an Extrude feature and see which sketches it depends on, but I'm thinking more in terms of downstream dependencies: can you find out what features use a sketch or plane you've created earlier on?

This would go a long way in editing a model---and deciding whether to edit a sketch is a good idea. If I can see that a sketch has 20 dependencies and I'm pressed for time, I can always look into other ways of changing my model (or skip the editing in the first place).

Just wondering! :)

Comments

• tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    You can always suppress a sketch and see the list of things that break as a result, I guess :D