Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What happens to Professional Plan documents once I leave the plan?

nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
I'm sure I'm not alone with this dilemma:

100 USD/month is not a bad price when I'm actively doing something. But paying 100 USD/month for the rest of my life to ensure that I can return to my documents at some later point in life is a lot of money... so can I suspend the account in someway and activate it later ... that would be a great feature.

Also related, I did not find out what it means when a Document is Active or Inactive? What is the catch with Inactive documents, I suppose there must be some incentive for people to have more than 5 active documents at a time...?

Tagged:

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    When you leave the Professional plan you are on, your plan is downgraded to Free and the documents you own become inactive.  You then have the option to set up to 5 documents active at a single time.  Public documents do not count against the active document limit.

An inactive document means that you don't have permission to enter it.  The state of active v inactive is per account.  For example, a document that is inactive for you can be active for someone else who has share permissions to view it.  This will allow the other person to be able to view the document, but not you.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @jakeramsley Would another user with edit and share permissions also be allowed to share and edit.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    da_vicki said:
    @jakeramsley Would another user with edit and share permissions also be allowed to share and edit.
    Yes, as long as the document is active for them.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com