Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Broken-out section view arrows

Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Community Support
How do I get the section cutting line and arrows of a broken-out section view in its parent view?
Henk de Vlaam (NL)
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @Henk_de_V Can you post an image of what you want in a drawing?  Broken out section views don't contain view arrows as they modify a view and don't create a new child view.  Perhaps we are speaking about different things here.  An image would be worth a thousand words. 
  • Options
    Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

In the screenshot I marked red the items from which I don't know how to get them automatically inserted while creating a broken-out section.
    In the upper view the broken-out section A-A is visible (sorry for the missing 'c'). In the lower projection view (the so called parent of the upper view) I myself have drawn the missing (green) cutting line and two section arrows.

What I like to have is that these items are drawn by Onshape.

Henk de Vlaam (NL)