Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can we measure fillet dimension...?

Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
I am trying to measure fillet dimension of a model which is imported to Onshape.But i m not able to measure it.If i click on the fillet,it shows area in measurement tool.Is there any alternate way to measure fillet..?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    You can brute force it by cutting through the center of the revolve to create a section. You will then be able to highlight an edge.

Alternately you can create a sketch through the center of the revolve and in the sketch use the 'use' tool to extract the fillet. you will then be able to measure this new edge, or dimension it.
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Yes it works...Thank you..
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @traveler_hauptman , nice work around method explained by you.
  • Options
    cd_dengcd_deng Member Posts: 1
    lougallo said:
    @Narayan_K We are working on adding that to measure.  Using edges is the option now.  Nice suggestion @traveler_hauptman
    I am interested in this fillet radius measurement as well, any progress?

Thanks!
  • Options
    shaun_horganshaun_horgan Member Posts: 1
    I am also wondering how to add the dimension of a fillet.

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    If you use the "modify fillet" feature it will show you the current size of an imported model fillet - you can then change the value if you want.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI