Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

FS sort by keyword on mobile

steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Product Feedback

I entered the below under an improvement request. I don’t know how to point anyone to it because it just seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Anyway, below is what I entered in the improvement request area

——————

The below is with regard to Onshape on the iPhone.

This is about how FeatureScripts are placed in random order. If there is a way to change the order - I’d sure like to know, because with almost 100, sometimes it takes me awhile to find the tool that I need.

It would certainly help if I could sort FeatureScripts by keyword. I would like this at the account level so that the sort stays when changing from document to document. And I would like the sort to hold when I turn the program off.

For keyword sorting, there could be a list (of all FeatureScripts) where I’m able to add keywords to these FeatureScripts.

All FeatureScript’s that have a keyword would be numerically/alphabetically ordered (by keyword) at the top of the list. Those FeatureScripts without a keyword would follow - at the bottom of the list.

The sort should happen automatically once you apply a keyword.

This way, If you work primarily with 20 different FeaturesScripts, you could have them right at the top of the list.

While using the Onshape iPhone app, I don’t want to search for a particular FeatureScript by keyword. That is, I don’t want to type in a keyword to search for and then select and use a particular tool (FeatureScript). I only need the keyword to help me sort the FeatureScripts — i.e. to put the FeatureScripts in a particular order under the Features icon (the globe)

The GIF below shows the random order of the FeatureScripts

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @steve_shubin

Your improvement request is under review and will be processed shortly.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    A truncated example of the ‘list for adding keywords’

It would be nice to group all the Plane tools or Wood tools together