Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Share Document API

I'm using the Share Document API (/documents/:did/share) and it works great if the "message" property is removed from the JSON request.  With the "message" property included, I'm getting a 400 - Bad Request response.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I could have sworn this was working in the past.
This works:
{    "documentId": "3e4a7ec346ca10bbc186b2a9",    "permissionSet": [ "READ", "WRITE" ],    "entries": [        { "entryType": 0,          "email": "abc@def.com"        }      ] }
This doesn't work:
{    "documentId": "3e4a7ec346ca10bbc186b2a9",    "permissionSet": [ "READ", "WRITE" ],    "entries": [        { "entryType": 0,          "email": "abc@def.com"        }      ],    "message": "Please review this document"}with Response:
{  "moreInfoUrl" : "",  "message" : "Bad Request.",  "status" : 400,  "code" : 0}

Thanks,
-Gary

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi gary_clough057,

This is something we should update in our documentation, but personal messages are restricted to paid plans only.  We've had issues in the past of people using these end points to try to advertise and spam while piggybacking on our reputation so we've had to restrict it.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • gary_clough057gary_clough057 Member Posts: 7
    Got it.  Thanks.

-Gary