Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

FeatureScript for modifying sheet metal bends

danny_carballodanny_carballo Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
One of the things I do very frequently is sheet metal bend perforations - to do this in Onshape now I sketch directly on the sheet metal flat and remove material from the flat. However, this is a very tedious process as I need to manually add each cutout for each bend. 

What I'd like to know (as someone with no FeatureScript experience), would it be possible to use FeatureScript to create a custom feature that automatically perforates sheet metal model bends as they are selected? If so, are there any examples I can piggy back off of to get started. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Answers

• Options
    connor_shannon510connor_shannon510 Member Posts: 15 PRO
    I'm interested in doing the same thing. I think it should be possible in featurescript, but I need to familiarize myself with sheet metal in featurescript first.