Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple copy of part on designated location.

francois_carlettofrancois_carletto Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hi expert team.
Creating a part,for example a table foot, i want to copy this part in 6 designated location (for 6 feet under the table). I created 6 point on a draft and want to copy the foot part to this 6 point. I can use the transform, coping with mate connector but that only create 1 copy of the part. I need so to redo this action for all the 6 feet.
Is there any way to do a kind of pattern with as option copy part in affected location (selecting the points of the sketch as designated location)?.
Thanks

Best Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    @francois_carletto

The "New" "Add" "Remove" "Intersect" options should exist on that feature, at the top of the dialog, and do what you are asking.  Are they not working for you?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Error from my side. Thanks a lot for that return.

Answers

• Options
    Thanks so sir for this specific feature that correspond to my need. I understand the interest for creating that in assembly but it stay very usefull.
    The next step is to integer the merge option (add / new / remove) in it even if we can use Boolean operation to do it for yet.

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    @francois_carletto

The "New" "Add" "Remove" "Intersect" options should exist on that feature, at the top of the dialog, and do what you are asking.  Are they not working for you?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Error from my side. Thanks a lot for that return.