Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

please tell me how to blend the end of the thread (1/12 pitch) into the body of the pin. Thanks.

battiwallahbattiwallah Member Posts: 4

Best Answer

Answers

• battiwallahbattiwallah Member Posts: 4

Thanks Brian, aesthetics only.   Alibre Design has enables a more realistic termination taper blend (pic below).

Second question:   Is there a means (on the Onshape helical tool) to specify the length of the helix?  In the my first example above, I had to
      extrude 2 different diameters to get the transition between uncut (1 inch diam) and cut (0.999 inch diam) parts of the pin.
       Is there an easier way?

thanks,
    vincent
    (Australia)

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    @battiwallah - Could you create your helix and then create a new curve attached to one end with a larger radius to create the effect you're looking for? You should be able to create a plane going through the end of your helix, and then create a sketch with whatever shape you want (e.g. straight tangent line, spline, or arc with larger radius). Then when you do a sweep to create your thread, you can have the sweep continue past the helix and "ramp out" of the cylinder.