Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to join 2 solids?

VicE_sVicE_s Member Posts: 4
Hello, I'm making this crankcase cover, the design is composed of the internal symbol and the outer edge that are connected by lines. Here in onshape the drawing is done well (it seems to me) but when I go to put it in care to make the gcode I have the following problem: the lines that connect the symbol with the outer edge are detected as another separate object (see image ), I need instead to be printed together making it a single block. Is this a problem with my drawing or slicer (cura)? And how i can resolve it?
Link drawing: 

Comments

• mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    @andrea_vicenzi Does the Boolean -> Union option work for you here?

Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • VicE_sVicE_s Member Posts: 4
    @andrea_vicenzi Does the Boolean -> Union option work for you here?

Yes, thank you
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @VicE_s

Take note also that instead of doing a boolean union at the very end of your feature list, you can just adjust the ExtrudeRevolve, and Thicken features in your feature list to use the Add option (at the top of the dialog) instead of the New option.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team