Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Different Units for different part studios in a workspace

Is there a way to have different units for different parts in a workspace.  I can change the global units (OnShape ==> workspace units), but of course that changes it for everything.  I have a combination of metric and english parts.  I've toggled the global units back and forth as required as a workaround - and you can add x.xxx in/mm as well in the dialog boxes.

Just wondering if there is something more elegant that I might be missing.

Thanks all.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @luke_naughton0251

As of now, the most granular you can get with the units is the workspace, as you've found.  Are these parts imported parts that you are designing around?  Or are you actively editing two different parts which adhere to different systems?  If they are just imported parts you are referencing, I would suggest moving them out to a separate document, and then bringing them into the assembly and designing around them in-context.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team