Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I bend this tail hoop up, let's say, 10 degrees...

I'm trying to model this specific arear of my motorcycle frame so I can create a model in Onshape for a custom seat, seat pan, rear seat cowl, and electrical tray for under the seat with attachment points for everything. See picture at bottom of the page to see the area of focus that I'm trying to recreate. 

My question: I learned how to use the sweep function and modeled the part of the frame where said items of interest live. How do I bend the rear tail hoop ~10 degrees towards the front plane? I did my darnedest to draw a scribble on my screenshot to clarify my question.

Second question: On the crossbar in the middle intersecting the origin, I had to shorten the bar "artificially" because when it was true to sketch coincident points length, the tops of the tube stuck out above the tube perpendicular that it's intersecting. Note the pink semi-circle trying to clarify what I mean of the area where it would stick out before I shortened it. Since I plan on eventually trying to build the entire frame in Onshape, is there a more fluid way to connect intersecting tubes?

-Nikolos

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    nikolos_ricenikolos_rice Member Posts: 4 EDU
    edited September 2019
    Thank you! I got it!