Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - November 12th, 2019

13»

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Thanks @owen_sparks
    s/b fixed now
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Brian_McVeighBrian_McVeigh Member Posts: 78 PRO
    Thanks for new updates!  Noticed a slight niggle with the new instances/mates list.  The scroll bar keeps appearing directly over the hide/show icon for a part (see screenshot).  I've tried re-sizing the list but it keeps happening.  And causes the list to jump about rather than hide/show.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Thanks for new updates!  Noticed a slight niggle with the new instances/mates list.  The scroll bar keeps appearing directly over the hide/show icon for a part (see screenshot).  I've tried re-sizing the list but it keeps happening.  And causes the list to jump about rather than hide/show.

I can't reproduce this on any browser on Mac - what is your set up?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    NeilCooke said:

I can't reproduce this on any browser on Mac - what is your set up?
    If you are using a Mac, this is caused by having "Show scroll bars" set to "When scrolling". You can prevent this by setting it to Automatic. We'll take a look to see if it is possible to change this behaviour.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    Thumbs up for: Break a Section view in Onshape Drawings.
    Any improvements in Drawings is welcomed.
    Thanks to the team !
    La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci
  • sam_hollandsam_holland Member Posts: 20 PRO
    Great updates! I'm already using composite parts and loving it. However, I think RealityServer fails to see composite parts and I cannot render them out
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Great updates! I'm already using composite parts and loving it. However, I think RealityServer fails to see composite parts and I cannot render them out
    @paul_arden do yo know about this?
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    edited November 2019
    We can now sort custom features in a toolbar!

EDIT: Now it has disappeared :(
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Paul_ArdenPaul_Arden Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 163
    Yes, we are aware of the issue and have been working with Onshape on it.
  • Paul_ArdenPaul_Arden Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 163
    Yes, we are aware of the issue and have been working with Onshape on it.
    We rolled out a fix for Composite parts last week. They will now correctly show up in Assemblies and Part Studios. Note that they will always show up as Closed, so the constituent parts are not shown separately in the scene graph. As with access to part faces you can right click in the scene graph and select the Reveal option to show everything.
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    This is an old post, but Composite parts have saved me so much time. Thanks Onshape team!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎