Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Admin & Member Sharing Across Company

Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
We have professional accounts, not enterprise, and for the last while, everyone was labeled as an admin. However, after encountering a problem and fixing it, we realized an admin could accidentally break some of the built in rules of Onshape, by virtue of being an admin. So, we switched everyone to being just members of the company, then no one could work on anything. I had to group everyone into a team and share all of the folders to that team with the various permissions they needed.

My question is: what can we do to make sure all new documents are shared automatically across the company? By default, it doesn't look like everyone can automatically edit new ones. As the admin, I'm able to edit everything regardless, but that doesn't help other people who need access to those documents.

Thank you for your time =)

Answers

• Options
    raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    Did you try sharing to company? We do allow sharing to company. You still need to one extra step to go to share screen share with company. 
  • Options
    Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    ravi said:
    Did you try sharing to company? We do allow sharing to company. You still need to one extra step to go to share screen share with company. 
    I did not think about share to company. I'll try that next if anything comes up.

Would the sharing, though, make it so that everything created by us is automatically shared to the company for everyone to edit? That's the main issue, because we want everything we make to be accessible to everyone else in the company.