Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fast access to FeatureScripts on mobile

steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FeatureScript

I think the way Onshape has incorporated FeatureScripts has worked well overall.

But with regard to Onshape on the iPhone (& Android) in particular, I do think there can be a big speed improvement regarding how one accesses FeatureScripts.

I only use Onshape on my iPhone. On my iPhone, it takes me a while to scroll through over 100 FeatureScripts.

I noticed in the latest update that now you can drag your FeatureScripts into a particular order on the desktop. That’s great. That would certainly be a big improvement on the iPhone provided every time I install a new FeatureScript, it would not rearrange the order of what I’ve already arranged. As is, one reason why it takes so long to look through this long list, is when I add or update a FeatureScript, it often rearranges the entire list

When I add a new FeatureScript, it should come at the very end of the list — and then I should be able to drag it to wherever I want.

I once suggested being able to sort FeatureScripts by a keyword on my iPhone. I’ve changed my mind about that. I think I have a better solution, and that is —

1. BEING ABLE TO MAKE FOLDERS within the Features pulldown window where all the 3D tools reside,
  2. then, being able to name the folder(s),
  3. and being able to drag a FeatureScript into whatever folder I want.

With this in mind, I would be able to name one of the folders WOOD for instance, and then I could drag the 5 or 6 FeatureScripts that are applicable into that particular folder.

I should be able to make as many folders as I want.

This would save me time from scrolling through this long list of FeatureScripts and having to read the name of each FeatureScript in a row, and then having to go onto the next row, and the next row, so on and so on ...

With this method, I have absolutely no doubt that I would be able to get to a particular FeatureScript much faster.