Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't select a circle to use in a circular pattern

I have a part that is a circle extruded into a cylinder. The part has a small hole that was remove-extruded to create. I choose the circular pattern tool, but it won't allow me to select the small hole  (or its remove-extrusion) to pattern. Very frustrating! What am I doing wrong?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7565daefff926695fb1c4d48/w/f9fa079ace24b71af71ba02d/e/9043e586d058542f4da71a0a

Best Answer

Answers

• john_lombardojohn_lombardo Member Posts: 20 EDU
    aarghhh! When I try to select the hole extrusion, It only selects "Face of WholeDisk"

• john_lombardojohn_lombardo Member Posts: 20 EDU
    OK, Got it. When I put the part in isometric view, I could select the extrusion. Thank you very much.
  • kalle_kaskkalle_kask Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Hello, I have troubles using circular pattern (Polygon script, lines 105-112)
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/63ac63e22b67bfd0a5feb626/w/08d5364eed7c679bfee20064/e/b16b07354514ebb5092fcd5b

Feature creates bodies "Part 3" to "Part 7", but does not circle them along 96: skCircle(skits3, "ring1", ...
    I created two variables for transforming - 102-103: trass and trajektoor, but unsuccessfully
    I tried also use of 116: opTransform, but I'm not very familiar with Featurescript objects.

Correct version of "handmade" sample polygon appears on Polygon design sheet. 

EDIT: the solution:
            curvePattern(context, id + "curvePattern1", {
                    "patternType" : PatternType.PART,
                    "entities" : qCreatedBy(id + "loft2", EntityType.BODY),
                    "edges" : trass,
                    "instanceCount" : definition.NurkadeArv   });