Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't draft extrude more than 0.3 degrees

wouter_visserwouter_visser Member Posts: 14
I changed something early on in my document and now an 'extrude'-feature won't generate because adding draft isn't possible. The draft in the feature was 0.6 degrees, now I can't move it past 0.3 degrees or the feature doesn't rebuild anymore. Link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3fef3940732ee330e324ea53/w/ec24477d8c988283fd97040d/e/a75ed7f9c3822caba4fe1967?configuration=List_Qee9e5aX9ZJzq7=Default

The feature is called 'mounting rib front part'. Does anyone know what prevents Onshape from adding more draft here? 

Comments

• Options
    John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 236
    @wouter_visser

Try using the draft feature instead of extruding with draft. Here is an image of what I am referring to.  

• Options
    wouter_visserwouter_visser Member Posts: 14
    Thanks! That allowed me to see what part was the problem. I did the draft in multiple features and now I can get the angle way higher than the previous 0.3 degree limit. Still don't understand why there's a limit to the amount of draft when doing large parts in one go.