Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Frustrations with drawing dimension tool.

andrew_jorgensen202andrew_jorgensen202 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Product Feedback
I find the dimension tool in drawings really unintuitive, bizarre, and simply aggravating. If you're going to display a line on a drawing, it needs to be a selectable feature by the drawing dimensioning tool period. Regardless of it being a tangent curve on a face, or any other drawing feature. It should be selectable. Why would you want to limit the features that are selectable? Everything else in Onshape is so smooth and intuitive to work with. Dimensioning my drawings in Onshape is still a horrific and long process. If it's a performance issue, make a hot key that allows for deep selection when hovering over a line to limit the scope of the selectable point search feature. Honestly every single vector drawing program I've worked with has this figured out, but my $1200 a year program struggles with simple feature selection.